Lovejoy has been manufacturing industrial Universal Joints for over 45 years. Our industrial Universal Joint product line is well established and provides a wide range of standard and specialized products. The shape of the yoke is a special feature which results in exceptionally high strength, yet allows full, free movement of the joint. This accounts for the high horsepower capacity at high speeds.
Features and Benefits
• Industry standard
• Stainless steel and needle bearing available
• 13 sizes available
• Pin and block design
• Boot retaining grooves standard
Applications That Best Fit Universal Joints
• Metal Forming Machines
• Agitators (Mixers)
• Cranes and Hoists
- D Type This standard industrial-type Universal Joint with pin & block design is ideal for applications up to 25° and speeds to 1750 RPM.
- HD Type A high quality Universal Joint made to exacting tolerances, the HD will normally provide twice the life of a standard industrial-type Universal Joint.
- D303 Stainless D type Universal Joints are available in stainless steel when contact with a corrosive atmosphere or sanitation requirements are a factor.
- Needle Bearing Type Designed with high quality, pre-lubricated, and sealed needle bearings, this Universal Joint provides the reliability necessary for speeds up to 6000 RPM and angles up to 25°.
- LOJ and JR-4 These economical Universal Joints with offset pin design are ideal for use on hand operated, low torque drives. They are capable of operating angles to 45°.
- DD and DDX Types Designed with two Lovejoy standard D type Universal Joints and a center connecting shaft, the DD and DDX are tailored to your specific application requirements.
- Multi-Spindle Type Multi-spindle Universal Joint assemblies consist of two quality HD Universal Joints mounted at opposite ends of a spring loaded shaft. They are used to connect drill head drives to the drill spindles.
- Universal Joint Boots The life of a universal joint can be extended substantially if booted. Wear areas of the Universal Joint are protected from dirt and contaminants, while lubrication is retained