Timken Type E tapered roller bearing pillow blocks come with either a 2-bolt or 4-bolt base. Both innovative configurations can help withstand the most demanding application conditions, helping to promote less downtime, reduced maintenance intervals and overall lower cost of ownership. Optimized performance characteristics include:
- 55% increase in design life over standard Timken® bearings
- 10 times more sealing ability
- Superior corrosion resistance
It's easy for customers to switch to Timken tapered roller bearing housed units. They’re available in a wide variety of sizes and configurations and are dimensionally interchangeable with current suppliers for all key characteristics, including bolt hole and shaft centerline dimensions. Learn more about our Housed Unit Interchange Program.
- Pillow Block: 2-Bolt Base: 1-3/16” through 3-1/2” (35 mm through 90 mm)
- Pillow Block: 4-Bolt Base: 2-1/4” through 5” (60 mm through 125 mm)
- Enhanced tapered roller bearings yield a 55 percent increase in design life over standard Timken bearings and 14 more load capacity.
- Optimized bearing profiles and improved surface textures help improve lubrication flow.
- Double lip seals optimize lip contact for improved grease retention and significantly reduced contaminant ingress.
- Electro-deposition coating, or e-coating, on both the housings and locking collars helps protect exposed surfaces and provides better corrosion resistance than powder coating used on competing designs.
- Premium Timken® tapered roller bearings made from super-clean, high alloy bearing steel.
- Type E housing made with ASTM-A48 Grade 30 cast iron.
- Specially designed collar features nylon patch set screws with a 65-degree angle for maximum locking power and greatly reduced set screw back-out.
- Equipped with Timken® Premium All Purpose Industrial Grease, which contains corrosion inhibitors and extreme pressure and anti-wear additives.
Ideal for material handling and processing equipment used in industries subject to extreme temperature fluctuations, heavy debris and excessive vibrations, including:
- Pulp and paper
- Power generation
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Air handling equipment