6mm - 140 mm (Typical size range 25mm - 75mm)
Needle roller and cage thrust assemblies are complements of small diameter needle rollers arranged in a spoke-like configuration. Needle rollers are equally spaced by means of a cage whose web section separates the rollers and provides guidance to keep them tracking in an orbital path. The purpose of these assemblies is to transmit a thrust load between two relatively rotating objects while greatly reducing friction.
Needle roller and cage thrust assemblies can also be unitized with lipped washers which serve as raceway surfaces for the needle rollers. Washers can be supplied separately or can be mechanically unitized to the needle roller thrust assemblies for ease of handling.
- Automotive automatic and manual transmissions
- Automotive accessories (compressors, steering gears, etc.)
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment
- One-way fool-proof assembly features
- Anti-rotation locking features
- Lubrication flow enhancements